Tag: calcium

Calcium Facts

Calcium: What are the functions of calcium? ¬†About 99% of the calcium in the body is found in our skeleton where it provides strength and rigidity, enabling us to stand upright, walk, run and jump. ¬†Calcium is also found in teeth. The remaining 1% is found in our blood and body fluids and regulates contraction […]

31/03/2016 | 0 Comments More

SENIORS STRENGTH TRAINING

OSTEOPOROSIS: Osteoporosis affects one in three women in the UK and one in twelve men. A condition caused by estrogen loss, which causes bone to lose minerals. ROLL OF ESTROGEN: Estrogen levels drop after menopause, and calcium is lost most rapidly during the first six years. Estrogen levels decrease in younger women who exercise too […]

04/01/2016 | 0 Comments More